Not long ago my son posted this on his own blog:
My knowledge about nutrition continues to shrink as I continue to prove myself wrong. At this point in my research on health and nutrition, here's what I think I know-
- Polyunsatured fats (vegetable oils) are bad, and natural saturated fats are good (especially coconut).
- Artificial flavors (HFCS, MSG, Aspartame, etc.) make you eat too much.
- Fresh and whole is better than stale and processed.
- Calories matter. Get enough, and let your body throw out what it doesn't need.
- Nutrients matter. Get the most nutritionally dense stuff you can find.The end. Anything that used to be on that list about macronutrients, ratios, carbs, etc. was merely the pretense of knowledge. Anything that used to be on that list about losing weight has been methodically crossed off.